Guardian of Minor and Minor's Settlements in New Hampshire

Guardianship may also be necessary for minor children as legally they do not have the capacity to acknowledge receipt of funds. In the event a minor is entitled to funds pursuant to a lawsuit brought on his or her behalf, a Guardian must be appointed for the minor to receive the funds.  This Guardian will report, administer and account to the Probate Court for the minor's funds. The Probate Court closely monitors funds for minors to ensure they are safeguarded for the minor to receive upon reaching the appropriate age.

Whether you need a guardianship for an incapacitated adult or for a minor, our office can assist you with the complex process necessary to comply with the Probate Court's rules.