Attorney Ryan Russman has dedicated his career to fighting for the rights of New Hampshire citizens.
His practice, based in Exeter (Rockingham County) New Hampshire, is limited to cases involving DWI and DUI, other motor vehicle and criminal cases, and many cases involving personal injury.
He is, however, best known as one of New Hampshire's leading legal authorities on DWI. In fact, he has written 2 books on the subject:
- The DWI Book helps citizens fully understand every aspect of DWI cases.
- New Hampshire DWI Defense instructs attorneys on how to manage New Hampshire DWI cases.
Board Certified in NH DWI Defense Law by The National College for DUI Defense
Many attorneys strive for Board certification. Only those capable of meeting the most stringent requirements earn certification. Attorney Russman has achieved this stature.
What's more, Attorney Russman is often quoted in newspapers, on radio and TV.
Client-focused and battle-tested, Attorney Russman has developed a reputation throughout the state as a lawyer you can trust to fight for your rights every step of the way.
Education, Honors, Training and Affiliations
Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts, 1999 – J.D.
American University, Washington, DC, USA – B.A.
Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards:
- Graduated Cum Laude
- ABA National Trial Competition Regional Semi-Finalist, 1999
- Institute for Criminal Defense Advocacy Participant, 2001
- 3rd Year Moot Court Trial Competition Semifinalist
Board Certified by The National College for DUI Defense
(General Member since 2005)
NHTSA/IACP Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Instructor
NHTSA/IACP Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Practitioner
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration / IACP Drug Evaluation Certification
Evidentiary Breath Alcohol Technician / Intoxilyzer Instrument
Certification for Mastering Scientific Evidence in DWI/DUI Cases
2011 Summer Workshop Sessions Cambridge, MA
Forensic Chromatography III: Theory and Practice
Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement
Multi-Device Breath Testing Mega-Course
Legal Advice: Challenging a DWI Citation
- Auto Case Essentials
- Insurance Law
- Estimating Crash Severity
- National College of DUI Defense: Harvard Law School
- Evidentiary Breath Technician: Intoxilyzer 5000EN
- From Roadside to Curbside: DWI Means Defend With Ingenuity
- Advanced DWI and ALS
- New Hampshire DWI Update
- Strategies in Handling DWI Cases
- Lorton Hears a Who- DWI Jurisprudence
- Direct and Collateral Consequences of Motor Vehicle Related Convictions
- Lab Fraud, Wrongful Convictions, and Freeing the Innocent
- Jury Trial Skills: Jury Selection, Closing Arguments and Cross-Examination of Experts
- Jury Selection and Persuasion
- Voir Dire, Jury Selection and Creative Jury Practices
- How U.S. v. Sell will Affect NH Practice
- Attacking the Voluntariness of a Confession
- DNA Evidence in New Hampshire Courts
- Forensic DNA Evidence: Principles of Law and Science in New Hampshire Courts
- Population, Genetics and Statistics Relating to Forensic DNA
- End of the year updates; DNA, State v. Melvin
- Scientific and Legal Challenges in Drug Cases
- Creating the Record
- Federal and Immigration Consequences to Arrest and Conviction
- Immigration Consequences of Criminal Convictions
- Collateral Consequences of Criminal Convictions – Focus on Immigration
- Criminal Practice – Juvenile Cases
- Litigating Domestic Violence Cases
- Expert Testimony on Battered Woman's Syndrome
- More Nuts and Bolts: Electronic Surveillance, Accomplice Liability, Search Warrants
- Media Coverage of Criminal Cases in NH
- Expert or Opinion Testimony and Scientific Evidence
- Reasons to Challenge Digital Evidence and Electronic Photography
- Issues in Substantive Criminal Law: Sex Crimes
- Sexual Assault – Effective Litigation in Sexual Assault Cases
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers: Trial Skills Institute
- Defense of Sexual Assault Charges
- Computer and Internet Crimes; Including Pornography on the Internet
- Computer Forensics
- Racial Profiling in Searches and Seizures
- Navigating the Mental Health System
- Litigating Competency
- Treatment to Restore Competency and United States v. Sell
- Overview of Mental Health System in NH
- Demonstrative Evidence Techniques
Professional Associations and Memberships:
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
National Trial Lawyers Association
Volunteer Firefighter with New Castle Fire Department, 2000 – Present
Past Employment Positions:
NH Attorney General's Office, Criminal Bureau Intern, 1997
NH Public Defender's Office, Rule 36 Intern, 1998
Phi Alpha Delta
1974, Exeter, New Hampshire
Recent Blog Posts
Do You Know Why I Stopped You?
Let's Follow that Drink!
The Financially Stressed Family and Collaborative Divorce
Therapeutic Divorce? It is possible.
Uncle Sam Wants Your Settlement